Tuesday, July 29, 2014
This summer I've been all over this great state of Michigan shooting the homes, workspaces and neighborhoods of people doing awesome things. An inspiring young lady curating and doing great things in Grand Rapids, two guys roasting coffee in Lansing, and someone bringing beautiful things and interesting people to Detroit.
Posted by Debbie Carlos at 1:28 PM
Friday, July 18, 2014
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Its that time again! We are looking for a cool person to come by and help us around the studio!
Interested? Can't wait to hear from you!
Know someone who is? Please pass this on!
We are looking for a new intern to work with us in our Lansing, Michigan photo studio based out of my home. I am a photographer working in fine art, interiors, and food. I also run a successful webshop where I sell posters, prints, and paper goods. My work has been featured on tv, been used on film sets, and has been written about in various print and online magazines. I have also had the opportunity to collaborate with Urban Outfitters, J.Crew and CB2.
You will learn what it is like to be an artist, how to make a living off of your art, as well as the ins and outs of running a small photo studio, and a small business. You will be working directly with me and/or my assistant.
You can find my work here: http://debbiecarlos.com
& my online shop here: http://store.debbiecarlos.com
Internship duties may include any of the following:
- Prepping, fulfilling poster & print orders and other tasks that have to do with the online store.
- Photo assisting on shoots in studio or on location.
- Prepping for exhibitions and art sales.
- You may also be asked to help on projects in other mediums other than photo.
- Running errands.
- General studio clean up and organization.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to work at minimum 4-5 hours a week. Each week is different so depending on the workload, I may ask you to work more than the minimum requirement.
- Good communication skills, able to listen and take direction. You will be handling prints, so candidate must be careful and attentive.
- Own a laptop and would be able to bring it to the studio.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Lightroom. Must have one of these programs on their laptop.
- I am always looking to collaborate and learn from people I work with, so knowledge of art history, contemporary art and design is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with social media also a plus.
- Someone with a visual art background preferred.
* One position available. This position is unpaid but school credit may be given. Duration of internship is open-ended but must be able to devote a minimum of 5 months to internship.
To be considered, please email me at email@example.com a small selection from your portfolio, a resume/CV and a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us. Tell us where your interests lie in general. We want to know who you are and what you like. What would you like to get out of an internship?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you !
Posted by Debbie Carlos at 12:12 PM