Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Project Onward

John Behnke



Project Onward is an arts program providing workspace and materials to artists with mental and developmental disabilities. Located downtown in Chicago's Cultural Center, you can just walk in and be in the midst of their operation which is what happened when DH & I were walking around Chicago last weekend.

I've known about the program and have been there before but for some reason, this was the first time I really stopped and took a good look around. Maybe thats what happens when you move away from a place and come back a tourist. We noticed that you could commission a portrait by one of their artists. Sittings are available throughout the week but they are holding a special Valentine's day portrait slam at discounted prices for couples! Sweet deals! I'm going to try to get Bun and Mei in our portrait too but we'll see.

Some favorites by the artists at Project Onward:




George Zuniga

Adam Hines



Michael Bryant



Lucy Woodhouse



Michael Hopkins




Blake LeNoir





1 comment:

  1. I love this part of the cultural center! Wait did u guys get ur portrait done? Text me the answer!

    ReplyDelete