Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
I took a lot of pictures of leaves.
This acorn was super fresh.
We stopped and ate an apple snack.
We were visited by this grouchy toad.
And then we warmed ourselves with Phở.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
We are tightening our budget here in the Carlos - Higgins household and this only makes me want to consume more. Here are a few (just a few!) of my recent and old favorites. If you get any of these things, please call / text / write me an email, describing it in every exquisite detail so that I may live vicariously through you.
1. Pumpkin Bag by PloylyMingzyBb'
2. Rough Diamond Stacker Ring by Specimental Design
3. Hand-Dyed Neon Stripe Oversize Leather Clutch by Clutch NY
4. Necklace by dullDiamond
5. Leather Pouch Bag by Har Lex
6. Japanese Pens by Paper Pastries
7. 0857am may28th Watch by plasticelastic
8. Triangle Post Earrings by Tiny Galaxies
9. Natural Amethyst Triangle by Silurian Era
10. Sunset Strip Blazes Over Alps Print by FotoForest
11. The Valley in Autumn Necklace by DearOhDeer
12. The Rucksack in Grey by infusion
13. Strike Jackpot: Ceramic Bead Necklace by digoyo
Saturday, September 24, 2011
A new vellum print and some new discounted artist proofs in the shop this week!
Clockwise from top left
• Curtain Gradient / 30x40" vellum print
• Orange Flowers / 18x24" artist proof
• Fog / 18x24" artist proof
• Dark Mountain / 18x24" artist proof
• Hand Cloud / / 18x24" artist proof
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Things have been kind of crazy lately and its a shame I have not been able to work that much on my jewelry shop but I do have some exciting new stuff coming out within the next few weeks, perfect for the upcoming holidays.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
New in the shop! A limited edition 2012 Calendar!
Guys guys guys! I'm so excited about this. I have been wanting to do a calendar for awhile now and I thought this is the year I'm going to do it. So I did. I asked my brother, Dante Carlos, to be my collaborator on the project. He is an amazing graphic designer based out of Minneapolis and is senior designer at one of the best, most interesting contemporary art museums in the country, The Walker Art Center. If you have ever been there or have seen the catalogues, books, pamphlets, posters that come out of The Walker, you will know how insanely good their design department is.
The calendar is a series of 11x17" posters with pastel calendar sheets interwoven throughout. It is made with recycled papers and papers from responsible sources and each sheet is perforated for easy tear off. It is in an edition of 100 and each copy is numbered. The calendar also comes with a bonus weekends calendar with only the weekend dates listed. Because the weekends are the best.
I couldn't be more pleased with how this came out. I hope you like it too!
Friday, September 9, 2011
Renegade Craft Fair is this weekend here in Chicago! Are you in town? You should come and say hi and find some nice things for yourself. I will be selling all my wares -- posters, small and large prints, postcards and the new item I sneak peeked at you last time.
I will be sharing a booth with Boyfren/Girlfren who will be selling an entirely new collection of amazing pouches, clutches and backpacks. Believe me, you won't want to miss this. Just look out for my sign (pictured above). Can't wait to see you!
Here are some other people whose booths I'm looking forward to perusing:
• Yellow Grey / Jewelry
• Another Feather / Jewelry
• Little Friends of Printmaking
• Tugboat Printshop
• Larken / Prints and Jewelry
• Folklore Wooden Boxes
• Lauren Haupt / Jewelry
• Cursive Design / Jewelry
See the entire list of vendors here!
Have an insanely crazy good weekend!!