Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Indestructible Beat of Soweto



Every time DH & I wander into a record store, I make a bee-line to the World/African section. Here is a recent acquisition from our last trip to a record store. The pickings were kind of slim in this area but I came upon this album and was interested. I had never heard anything from Soweto before but the cover was nice and the price was right.

We brought it home, listened to it and were SUPER PLEASED ! The pleasant stylingz of African beats and guitars and strong vocals singing about nice subject matters. For instance, there is a song about the perils of drinking. Another about the importance of education.

And another called "Wakwami: My wife, my love"

I beg you my love, lets talk it over
Because our continuous misunderstandings won't help us
They (the kids) are still small
We must bring them up correctly.

I like this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment