Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Eats




A few weeks ago we bought a grill. Its small but as you can see in the picture above we don't really have room for a big one. Of all the grills we have had, this is the nicest! And I know charcoal grills are supposed to be better but given our space constraints and the wooden environment of our outdoor area, the gas grill is pretty awesome. I don't think we've turned on the stove since we got it!

One of the best things are grilled vegetables. No grill pan, just directly on the grate. Even green beans which have been my absolute favorite!

The other weekend I threw together a lunch of a grilled vegetables salad. You can do this with anything you'd like. I had some artichoke hearts, fennel, broccoli, tomatoes and scallions. Just toss them with some salt, pepper, olive oil and grill. I would leave them large enough to grill and chop them smaller later on if you wanted to. Arrange on plate and drizzle over with some dressing. I used a spicy lemon, tahini dressing.

Here is my tiny recipe:

Juice of a lemon
Teaspoon full of tahini
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

1. Combine lemon juice, tahini, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
2. While stirring with a fork, drizzle in about 2 teaspoons olive oil or more if desired.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh sounds tasty! I like the idea of grilled green beans! I love tempura green beans - it's a bit of a faff to make though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove tempura green beans. I love tempura almost everything. But there are too many steps and its too hot these days to make anything like that.

    ReplyDelete